"There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord." 1 Corinthians 12:5

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Four-Year-Old's Sunshine

I have been very busy with college lately.  I tend to be caught up with the day-to-day of meetings, extracurriculars, class, homework, and studying.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to devote as much time to The Bridge as I would like.  With my schedule, I am able to go to the Seneca Center once a week to spend time with the kids.  Getting caught up and bogged down in my own little world is so easy; I tend to forget about the bigger picture.

Today at Seneca, we celebrated the beautiful weather and played outside. We played duck duck goose, ring around the rosie, played on the swings, and sang songs.  I was singing "You Are My Sunshine" with a particularly adorable 4-year-old.  After we sang it a few times, I asked her, "Who is YOUR sunshine?"  Without hesitating, she proudly stated all 5 of her sisters' and brothers' names, and added, "AND I like my mom."  She then proceeded to tell be about the peanut butter sandwiches from preschool.


I loved her enthusiasm and love for her family.  Such simple things are such important blessings in our lives.  It's nice to slow down and enjoy them once in a while.  God is good. 

What is YOUR sunshine? :)

1 comment:

  1. MY sunshine is my mom, my dad my brother and all of my close friends. When someone can make you happy and smile on the rainiest of days, that is a true sunshine! Everyone has different sunshine in their life, but all of us have one in common: God.

    ReplyDelete